Picture this: you’ve got a busy day and your to-do list is growing by the minute. You’d give anything to get one of those errands off your list-including that trip to the bank you’ve been avoiding. Enter online banking–an easy and convenient way to handle many of your banking needs.
If you’re wondering what online banking is, how it works, and how to keep your information safe and secure, keep reading!
What Is Online Banking?
Simply put, online banking allows you to manage your banking needs without stepping foot in a Persons Banking Company location.
When you bank with us online, you can:
- Check your account balance
- Transfer funds
- Submit stop-payments
- Pay bills
- Check to see if payments and deposits have cleared
With online banking, you can also view your bank statements online (as opposed to getting paper statements in the mail.)
Signing up for e-statements also eliminates the risk of having your statements stolen from your mailbox, which makes e-statements one way to keep your banking information safe and secure.
Online Bill Pay
Gone are the days making a trip to the post office to pay your bills!
With online bill pay, you can pay anyone at any time easily and quickly.
Online bill pay lets you:
- Pay your bills
- Review your payment history and pending bill payments
- Receive electronic bills
- Schedule same-amount recurring payments to occur automatically
Imagine you’re out on a double date and the restaurant won’t allow you to split the check.
Have no fear–Popmoney is here!
Popmoney allows you to pay back or collect money from a friend, family member, or anyone else!
With Popmoney, you can send, request, and receive money quickly and easily using the Popmoney app on your smartphone.
The best part? These funds are automatically deducted from your Persons Banking Company account, which means no waiting around for a check to clear.
How to Sign Up for Online Banking at Persons Banking
Signing up for online banking at Persons Banking is quick and easy.
- Visit the Persons’ Banking website
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen find the box that says, “Login”
- Click on the text that says “Enroll.”
Follow the easy instructions from there.
Mobile banking gives you the convenient option of banking through your smartphone.
You can see your account balance, transfer funds, pay bills, submit mobile deposits, manage your debit card, and more.
You can also find branch and ATM locations.
To access mobile banking, download the Persons Banking Company app from the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
Is Online Banking Safe?
Banking online at Persons Banking Company is a safe way to manage your finances, and security is our top priority.
To protect your information from unauthorized access and use, Persons Banking uses numerous layers of authentication, including:
- Encryption of passwords
- Uppercase and lowercase requirements for passwords
- Out-of-bandwidth authentication
- Device authentication
How to Secure Your Information
While we do our part to make sure that your information is safe, there are also a few things that you should do to secure your information.
- Don’t share your username and password with others
- Beware of phishing calls, texts, and emails
- Use a passphrase for passwords
- Be leery of public WiFi
Online banking is a safe and convenient way to bank with Persons Banking Company.
- With online banking, you can check your account balance, transfer funds, submit stop payments, pay bills, and check to see if payments and deposits have cleared.
- E-statements allow you to view your bank statements online.
- With online bill pay, you can pay your bills; review your payment history and pending bill payments; receive electronic bills; and schedule same-amount recurring payments to occur automatically.
- Persons Banking Company takes the safety and security of your information seriously, but you can protect your information by keeping your username and password to yourself; being leery of phishing calls, texts, and emails; and using a passphrase for passwords.
Remember: signing up for online banking at Persons Banking is quick and easy!
Visit the Person’s Banking website and follow the instructions after clicking “enroll” from the online banking login menu.